Sunday 17 August 2014

Lentil, tomato and potato soup

So I found this recipe on "ohsheglows" for a Lentil, Tomato and Kale soup. (Original recipe here: Oh She Glows ) 
I decided to make it tonight for dinner although I made a few tweaks to the ingredients. 

Below are Angela's ingredients:

Ingredients:
  • 1 tsp coconut oil (or other oil)
  • 2 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 sweet onion, diced
  • 3 celery stalks, diced
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 & 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground coriander
  • 1/4-1/2 tsp smoked sweet paprika, to taste
  • 1/8th tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
  • 14-oz can diced tomatoes
  • 5-6 cups vegetable broth, more if desired
  • 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
  • fine grain sea salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 handfuls torn kale leaves or spinach

To this I added:

1 large carrot
4 salad potatoes
2 handfuls of spring greens (in place of Kale as I'm not keen on it) 

It came out delicious although mine came out more stew like than soup like lol. It was very filling and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 




Take a look at Angela's site it's full of wonderful recipes 😊

Take cares 

Lucy xox

No comments:

Post a Comment